L'ovedbaby Organic Muslin Harem Pants in Lavender
When L'ovedbaby launched their Cotton Basics Collection™ of conventional cotton clothing in 2005, their number one goal was to provide safe, minimally-processed, 100% cotton garments. That meant no harsh added chemicals, no dangerous flame retardants, and the use of water-based dyes.
After much research, they discovered the added benefits of transitioning this Cotton Basics Collection™ to 100% ORGANIC cotton, certified by GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard, the leading standard in organic textile production). Organic is not only safer for our little customers and the environment, but equally important for the cotton farmers who suffer the risk of serious illnesses brought on by close contact with the many carcinogenic pesticides still used in conventional cotton farming today.
Many of these farmers are parents themselves, and they want them to be around for their little ones. So, they've taken this first step toward creating a better environment for everyone...and they thank you for joining them on this important journey.
GOTS stands for Global Organic Textile Standard, the world's leading processing standard for textiles made from organic fibers. It sets both environmental and social standards. GOTS:
- Prohibits the use of toxic heavy metals, formaldehyde, aromatic solvents, functional nano particles, genetically modified organisms (GMO) and their enzymes in garment production.
- Prohibits Azo dyes that release carcinogenic amine compounds.
- Enforces restrictions for accessories (e.g. no PVC, nickel or chrome permitted).
- Prohibits PVC plastics and other harmful material in the packaging of organic goods.
- employment is freely chosen
- there is freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining
- working conditions are safe and hygienic
- child labor is prohibited
- living wages are paid
- working hours are not excessive
- discrimination is prohibited
- harsh or inhumane treatment is prohibited
Learn more about GOTS at www.global-standard.org.