Camp-In-A-Box - Farm to Table (5-10 yr olds)
***Camp-in-a-box registration will end June 5th. Boxes ship end of June***
This farm to table themed box will teach your child about growing and preparing food and the importance of farms, CSAs, and farmers markets. Each day for 4 days (Monday through Thursday) we will meet virtually for instruction on the cycle of farm to table models, the roles that each piece plays, explore how farmers markets are run and what CSAs are, and provide step by step demonstration on how to make prepare three different types of food. Recordings of demonstration will be provided for those that can not attend or if you feel your child may not be able to sustain their attention to a scheduled time on screen. Or just to go back and review the demonstrations again as your child prepares the recipes.
- Instruction materials for learning about growing food, CSAs, farmers markets, and the farm to table cycle from growing to composting
- Recipes and grocery lists for preparing three different foods
- Supplies for storing/serving prepared foods
- Additional resources for learning about growing and preparing your own food
- Virtually daily instructions with recordings of demonstrations available to use at your own pace
- Camp friendship building!
***Virtual instruction will take place in July, with an option for August depending on box demand***